From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] app-admin/system-config-printer-gnome-1.3.12 not building
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 15:08:28
1 On 6/11/13, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hy,
3 >
4 > I've got a problem related to system-config-printer-gnome-1.3.12 not being
5 > able to be built. The build process stops with the log bellow. Its bottom
6 > line says it was impossible to download :"
7 > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd" , which I've
8 > succeeded to download using wget with no extra parameters.
9 >
10 > Any hints?
11
12 Answering late to this post since nobody else has. AFAIK the DTD files
13 should never get downloaded. Instead they should've been installed
14 automatically by your favourite $PACKAGEMANGLER from a dependency of
15 that GNOME package. Then the local copy should be automatically used.
16
17 Try
18
19 emerge -1 app-text/docbook-xml-dtd:4.1.2
20
21 then retry whatever you were doing. This should re-install and
22 re-register the 4.1.2 DTDs. If it doesn't work then at least you
23 hopefully get new error messages pointing towards the real cause
24 behind the broken DTD catalog.
25
26 (You could also have a look into the files inside /etc/xml and
27 /etc/sgml, especially the file named catalog. I think I remember a
28 case where one person or his system had somehow cleared the local DTD
29 registry.)
32 Arttu V.