From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating Blue-ray video discs
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 20:59:23
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Gerrit Kühn wrote:
3 >> Am Fri, 29 May 2020 05:14:41 -0500
4 >> schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
5 >>
6 >>> I think you are correct.  To create a DVD with videos to watch on a TV
7 >>> DVD player, I use Devede to create the image and then k3b to burn the
8 >>> image.  It seems I need some sort of tool, like devede does for DVDs, to
9 >>> create a image or whatever to burn to a blu-ray media.
10 >> Would this help?
11 >> <https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer>
14 >> cu
15 >> Gerrit
20 > I'm not sure.  I looked at the github page but as usual, the info
21 > there is sparse, it's more of a dev thing so it should be.  I'll check
22 > the home page and google to see if I can figure out what all it does.
23 > My problem right now, I know really nothing about Blu-ray stuff.  I
24 > sort of understand DVDs but never touched a Blu-ray disc until I
25 > bought this thing.  I did get 100 of the BD-R thingys tho.  I can back
26 > up my pics and stuff for sure.  I plan to get the rewriteable ones
27 > later on.  I won't need that many of those.  I think those are BD-RE
28 > or something.
29 >
30 > Thanks.
31 >
32 > Dale
33 >
34 > :-)  :-)
37 I was going to emerge it and see what it looks like.  It may do
38 something to help but not sure.  When I try to emerge the package,
39 emerge says there is a missing USE flag.  Thing is, the package doesn't
40 have that USE flag that I can see nor does what it needs to have
41 installed as a dependency.
44 root@fireball / # emerge --select y -av tsmuxer
45
46 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
47
48 Calculating dependencies... done!
49
50 emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy
51 ">=app-arch/upx-3.01[lzma]".
52 !!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
53 - app-arch/upx-3.96::gentoo (Missing IUSE: lzma)
54 (dependency required by "media-video/tsmuxer-2.6.11-r1::gentoo" [ebuild])
55 (dependency required by "tsmuxer" [argument])
56 root@fireball / #
59 This is the ebuild info for that and another package that got pulled in.
62 [ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/ucl-1.03-r1::gentoo  USE="-static-libs" 523 KiB
63 [ebuild  N    ~] app-arch/upx-3.96::gentoo  774 KiB
67 As you can tell, neither upx or ucl has the USE flag lzma.  It appears
68 there is something missing in the ebuild for upx.  Since emerge tends to
69 encrypt its output, may I'm reading that wrong.  :/
70
71 Dale
72