From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slot war on my system
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 17:53:29
1 On 06/03/12 11:28, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 > But his emerge wants to install qt-4.8.1, added to the tree 29 Mar
5 > 2012 and 4.8.1-r1 went stable 20 May 2012. So while I agree he should
6 > sync a tad more often, I don't think that is his real problem.
7 >
8 > More likely he has Qt packages in world that are now dropped, or not
9 > updated to 4.8.1. As well as bluedevil stuff in there as well.
10 >
11 > It's looking more and more like the OP uses plain emerge to install
12 > libs and such things, instead of the much better (by keeping them out
13 > of world) "emerge -1"
18 I try to keep my world file clean. I use -1 whenever merging anything I
19 don't actually want. I don't want bluedevil (or any of that wireless
20 crap), but a few years ago the system started requiring bluez and I
21 couldn't get out of it. I do not ever plan to use wireless on this box...