From: Domenick Petrella <dpetrella@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Console font gets double spaced when X starts
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:20:51
1 Hello all,
2
3 I have my consolefont set to a 8x8 font size. When I start the X server, the console font get double spaced, but it's more like there are two copies of each line, one overlapping the other. If I go back to a 8x16 font, everything is fine. I've tried setting the font size with both the CONSOLEFONT variable and kernel argument. I have to reboot to get the console back to normal.
4
5 This isn't the first time I've seen this, but both times have been on laptops. I'm currently using Gentoo 2005.0 on a Dell Latitude D505, but it happened to me on Slackware 9 a while back on an older Dell laptop.
6
7 Thanks for any help!
8
9 DP