From: "Max R.D. Parmer" <maxp@××××××××.is>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In search of an XMPP client with OTR
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 16:09:46
1 Hello Meino, perhaps this will help:
2 https://github.com/maxrp/profanity-overlay
3
4 Profanity is a great client IMO. There's another called Jackline
5 (written in OCaml) that is pretty cool and supports OTR too.
8 0x7D964D3361142ACF
9
10 On Sun, Apr 17, 2016, at 02:20, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
11 > Hi,
12 >
13 > I am looking for a XMPP client with OTR support. I prefer
14 > programs like mutt rather than the GUI-heavy things...
15 >
16 > I tried centerim but it does not recognized my F<n> keys and
17 > seems to be a little old too (?).
18 >
19 > Then I tried profnity and followed the instructions from here:
20 > http://www.profanity.im/install.html
21 > but it seems no longer in the overlay "stuff" as it was not
22 > found while trying to emerge it.
23 >
24 > What other client is a recommended XMPP client on Linux with OTR support
25 > -
26 > the stronger its privacy approach the better...;)
27 >
28 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
29 > Best regards,
30 > Meino