From: Stefan Wimmer <swimmer@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is there a program to log the memory consumption of just one selected process...
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:45:41
1 * Wolfgang Liebich <Wolfgang.Liebich@×××××××.com> [2007-01-23 07:33] :
2 > Hi,
3 > I want to trace the memory consumption of one selected process
4 > (threads and maybe child processes included). In WindowsNT and higher
5 > the Performance Monitor can do that. Is there a linux tool out there
6 > which can perform that feat, or do I have to hack a script which
7 > periodically looks into /proc and gathers all stats by itself?
8 > Ciao,
9 > Wolfgang
10
11 You could give sys-process/htop a try ...
12
13 It lists all processes but you can select 1 process and monitor it - if
14 you use the tree-view you can follow it's child processes as well. It is
15 not very detailed but perhaps already enough for your needs ...
16
17 HTH
18 swimmer
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list