From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Convert quickpkg of udev-171-r10 to local overlay...
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:21:55
1 On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 16:24:33 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > > No, you only do that if the original is not available. Copy the whole
4 > > sys-fs/udev directory to your overlay then remove the files you don't
5 > > need
6 >
7 > Well, that presupposes I know what files I need and what files I don't
8 > need...
9 >
10 > The problem is I don't...
11 >
12 > I can *guess* that all I need is the ebuild file, the files dir, and
13 > maybe the Manifest and metadata.xml files...
14
15 Just delete the unneeded ebuilds, there may be other unnecessary files
16 but they won't do any harm (unless your filesystem is already 99% full).
17
18 > > and rebuild the manifest.
19 >
20 > Ok, I've done this, but it still wants to install udev-200... it also
21 > mentions, and I confirmed, that udev-171 is masked in
22 > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask, so, presumably, I need to comment
23 > these out too?
24
25 What you need to do is read man portage. Any changes to files
26 in /usr/portage will be wiped out next time you sync, you need to make
27 changes in /etc/portage, as detailed in the man page.
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 This is a test of the emergency tagline stealing system.