From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacing Suse on my server.
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:29:54
1 On 10/30/05, Anthony Roy <antroy@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > You can boot from the suse, repartition the hdb, then chroot, and do
3 > > your gentoo installation.
4 >
5 > Excellent - so really I won't even need to have server downtime while
6 > installing? I'll definitely look into this approach.
7
8 You shouldn't have any downtime during the bootstrap/compilation
9 (depends on which stage you choose). If things go well, the only
10 downtime expected is when you need to physically remove the smaller
11 harddrive, and rewire stuff.
12
13 Take a look at this guide here:
14 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/altinstall.xml, the "Installing Gentoo
15 from an existing Linux distribution" section could be helpful.
16
17 HTH.
18
19 -- Joe
22 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
23 Those who can count, and those who can't.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list