From: Victor Ivanov <vic.m.ivanov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encrypting a hard drive's data. Best method.
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 19:38:19
1 On 06/06/2020 19:51, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > If you're talking about the drive header that is actually written to
3 > disk, it is as secure as the entire drive is, since the drive contains
4 > the header.
5
6 I never said it was any less secure. It would be daft to even assume
7 something like that as it's de facto the door to the encrypted data.
8
9 The point I was making is simply that it increases the risk of data
10 breach when a password is used, especially if (one of) the password(s)
11 has been or is subsequently compromised. After all, it's difficult to
12 remember passwords that are long enough and have high entropy. There are
13 also the practicals inconveniences of having to type a long password.
14