From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VRFs / Jails / Containers
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 18:44:47
1 On 02/04/2019 09:23 AM, Laurence Perkins wrote:
2 > Have you tried firejail? It gives you convenient ways to set up the
3 > container parameters consistently and is in the repo.
4
5 No, I have not. Thank you for the pointer.
6
7 > Its invocation is also simple enough to not clutter up your startup
8 > scripts.
9
10 I don't think I mind adding things to start up scripts. I'm more
11 looking for the most Gentoo<ish> way to do what I'm wanting to do
12 without relying on something on top of Gentoo. So if that involves
13 adding things to start up scripts, I'm cool with it.
14
15 I just don't want to add an entire subsystem, like Docker (et al), if I
16 don't actually have to.
17
18 I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be better off writing new scripts
19 that will match existing init scripts and their methodology to
20 (re)start/stop namespaces / containers / jails. Perhaps firejail will
21 give me what I want or provide insight.
26 Grant. . . .
27 unix || die