From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: How do I dive into directory from GNOME-type menu?
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 00:51:03
1 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2
3 > This happens when I try to "Save As" from Gnumeric or Gimp or
4 > AbiWord. I select a directory and try to navigate into it by left
5 > clicking on the folder icon. Nothing happens. If I madly left-click
6 > away on it for 15 or 20 seconds, the folder finally opens up. There
7 > has got to be an easier way. Note: I'm running ICEWM, not GNOME.
8 > Gnumeric/Gimp/Abiword are GNOME apps that I'd happily get rid of, if
9 > the alternatives weren't worse.
10
11 I never had this problem with Gimp or any other gtk2 based program.
12
13 I'm using XFCE and have no Gnome installed. Works perfect. Many years
14 ago I used Gimp with KDE3. Also without problems.
15
16 Never used Gnumeric or Abiword. I'm using Libreoffice instead.
17
18 I don't know what kind of work you do with Gimp. So I can't give you
19 a recommendation for a replacement. What I can say is that you will
20 not find a program for Linux with the same features as Gimp. But
21 depending on what you wanna do you will maybe find some other tool
22 that will meet your demands.
23
24 Btw: I don't think that Gimp is a Gnome app. It just has some
25 dependencies that also Gnome has, but it can be installed and used
26 without Gnome.
29 Regards
30 wabe