From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Infinite loop in revdep-rebuild with firefox-17.0.2
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:10:59
1 On 01/24/13 21:02, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > On 01/24/13 19:25, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
3 >> Hi, Gentoo!
4 >>
5 >> A couple of days ago, I merged firefox-17.0.2 and ran revdep-rebuild -p.
6 >> It said, strangely, that some firefox libraries needed rebuilding.
7 >>
8 >> I've just let revdep-rebuild rebuild firefox. I run revdep-rebuild -p
9 [snip]
10 ...
11 ...
12 ...
13 [snip]
14 >> Has anybody else encountered this problem, and what is the best way to
15 >> solve it?
18 > Same problem here, although with V18.0-r1. I have
19 > net-libs/xulrunner-2.0.1-r1 on my machine, referring to
20 > Jean-Christophe's proposed fix. I'll kill this off with emerge -C and
21 > see what happens.
22 >
23 > Andrew
24
25 Just killed off xulrunner and reran revdep-rebuild. This resulted in a
26 clean run, nothing needed to be rebuilt. Firefox and Thunderbird both
27 start up with no problems, so that seemed to be the fix.
28
29 Andrew