From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Module philosophy: Compile-in or Load
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 05:31:46
1 I was wondering what gentoo-users think and practice about kernel
2 modules. Do most compile them in the kernel or load them at boot-up.
3
4 Note that I'm _NOT_ talking about those modules that have to be compiled
5 in such as for your filesystem. This is about the other ones.
6
7 I generally like to load them at boot-up. One reason is that I have
8 heard that for suspend or hibernate to work, some modules have to be
9 unloaded.
10
11 On the other hand, compiling them in results in faster boot times.
12
13 So, what do gentoo-users think?
14
15 Tony
16 --
17 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
18 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
19 -- Benjamin Franklin
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list