From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Best *SIMPLE* firewall?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 23:55:08
1 On 02/28/2018 04:47 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > I know that iptables can filter based on a process owner and cgroup. So,
3 > depending on how the applications are running, you might be able to come
4 > close to what you're after.
5
6 You might be able to punt (metadata about) packets into a user space
7 program that can then make decisions based on additional information.
8 I.e. what process owns the originating / terminating socket, and ACCEPT
9 / DROP / REJECT packets based on that.
10
11 I've never heard of such, but I see how it could work. E.g. DROP /
12 REJECT packets by default, and ACCEPT any packets that have a paternal
13 process tied to the /usr/bin/thunderbird file.
18 Grant. . . .
19 unix || die

smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature