From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: paludis and make.conf
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 14:27:39
1 Am Sonntag, 24. Mai 2009 02:59:43 schrieb Maxim.Wexler@×××××.com:
2
3 > I meant I did not want things to get too complicated by adding lots of
4 > packages before I understood the system.
5 >
6 > In my grep of env.d their are only 5 lines _all_CONFIG_PROTECT_MASKs.
7 > None of then lead to /etc/init.d. So why should paludis -u cpufreqd
8 > not also remove the actual executable from the dir? Same with
9 > cpufreqd.conf. That too was left behind after the "uninstall"
10 >
11 > You have '43kdepaths:CONFIG_PROTECT="/usr/share/config" ' Did you
12 > write that one yourself or does paludis to that?
13
14 Neither. Ebuilds do that.
15
16 > I'd like to understand these things before I get in too deep. What
17 > *is* the difference between CONFIG_PROTECT and CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK?
18 > One "protects" while the other "masks". Does the one that "masks"
19 > "protect" some files and not others?
20
21 That should be explained in the portage docs.
22
23 > Thanks in advance if you wish to spend more time on something you
24 > already know.
25
26 I must admit I never really cared about that stuff.
27
28 Bye...
29
30 Dirk