From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo on Android and the problem of space
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 03:18:55
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> [15-08-01 04:29]:
2 > <Meino.Cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
5 > > on my tablet PC I used an Android App called "Linux deploy"
6 > > to install an chroot-environment for - guess - Gentoo. :)
7 >
8 > Meino,
9 >
10 > I just ran across a gentoo project you might find interesting. If nothhing
11 > else the author will probably be an excellent source of information
12 > for you::
13 >
14 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android
15 >
16 > PS, I've got an old android tablet buried somewhere in my lab....
17 > It's a samsung and I'm looking for the charger.....
18 > Once you are successful, I look forward to following your wiki
19 > page to test what you figure out!
22 > hth,
23 > James
26 Hi James,
27
28 Thanks for the link again ! :) :) :)
29
30 From this
31 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android/FAQ
32 I get the impression, that this Gentoo is for ARM based platforms.
33 My budget tablet runs on a Intel Atom Bay Trail ZF3745 Quad Core.
34
35 I am quite happy with what Linux Deploy does and how it works.
36
37 I only need more space in my filesystem so I am looking for a
38 solution for that problem first before installing other distribution
39 or projects.
40
41 Best regards,
42 Meino