From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's future directtion ?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 20:29:45
1 Am 22.11.2014 um 20:59 schrieb wireless@×××××××××××.com:
2 > On 11/22/14 13:00, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 1:12 PM, <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> The first 100 or so I looked at, are deprecated. They just need
6 >>> somebody
7 >>> to 'remove them' the BGO java backlog is being artificially used to
8 >>> prevent java work on gentoo. Somebody of authority needs to open
9 >>> up java for other folks to work on. Close the 100 oldest bugs
10 >>> is a no brainer and a good start, yet nobody will do that, and nobody
11 >>> else is allowed to close them. *CONVENIENT* if you hate java and are
12 >>> in control.
13 >
14 >> Please don't take this as some kind of rejection. I'd love to see
15 >> Gentoo have great Java support. However, I doubt it matters as much
16 >> to me as it does to you, so you're the one with the incentive to make
17 >> it happen. That's how just about everything that exists in Gentoo got
18 >> the way it is - somebody cared and made it happen.
19 >>
20 >> --
21 >> Rich
24 > Exactly. So we agree; that is the reason the original post on the idea
25 > to move everything external to gentoo core, is a very bad one. Java
26 > exists and prospers on Gentoo, mostly in overlays. Formalizing that
27 > (original) proposal will only serve to further enshrine the fact that
28 > java on gentoo, get's little love and no java-centric developer will
29 > every get close to the "core" or gentoo.
32 > I'm using java as an example; the science herd and the clustering herd
33 > (projects if you like) are in the same boat. I do appreciate your candid
34 > and clear responses.
37 > James
38 >
39 > .
42 please stop this nonesense.
43
44 And I don't mean what you are talking about. Learn to thread. Seriously.
45 Your emails popping up everywhere, instead of one, nice thread. If you
46 are using a broken mail client, get another one. If it is your own
47 fault: stop it.
48
49 I don't give a shit about java or whatever you are talking about. But I
50 am so fed up with seeing your emails everywhere. Threading. Keeps people
51 sane.