From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] File system testing
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:08:15
1 Hello,
2
3 By now many are familiar with my keen interest in clustering gentoo
4 systems. So, what most cluster technologies use is a distributed file
5 system on top of the local (HD/SDD) file system. Naturally not
6 all file systems, particularly the distributed file systems, have
7 straightforward instructions. Also, an device file system, such as
8 XFS and a distibuted (on top of the device file system) combination
9 may not work very well when paired. So a variety of testing is
10 something I'm researching. Eliminiation of either file system
11 listed below, due to Gentoo User Experience is most welcome information,
12 as well as tips and tricks to setting up any file system.
15 Distributed File Systems (DFS):
16 HDFS (poor performance)
17 Lustre
18 Ceph
19 XtreemFS
20 GlusterFS
21 MooseFS
22 FhGFS (BeeGFS) soon to be entirely open sourced?
23 Any other distributed file systems I should consider using?
24
25 Local (Device) File Systems LFS:
26 btrfs
27 zfs
28 ext4
29 xfs
30
31 Obviously I do not what to test all combinations of DFS/LocalFS
32 so your comments are extremely welcome as is any and all
33 related information.
34
35 James