From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Converting HTML to PDF or PS -- DCOP Q now
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:16:03
1 felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:07:10PM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:53:10 -0800, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> These web pages use Javascript; some render so-so without javascript,
6 >>> some don't render at all well. What I would like is some firefox (or
7 >>> Konqueror or ...) command line option to render the page and save it
8 >>> as any other format -- jpg, pdf, ps, doesn't matter.
9 >> You could probably do this with a shell script that loads Konqueror with
10 >> the given URL and send it DCOP command(s) to print.
11 >
12 > I have been fooling around with this and following some of the google
13 > treasure, and it is a decent substitute for the nice simple command
14 > line options that I want. But it has a few problems:
15 >
16 > 1. The 'print' DCOP command pops up the print menu and requires at
17 > least one click. I can set the print type (to PDF file) and the
18 > default file name ahead of time, but I still have to click on
19 > "Print".
20 >
21 > 2. When I pass it the URL to display, it returns immediately, and I
22 > have to insert a sleep to wait before sending the print command.
23 > Is there any way to find out when the page is complete?
24 >
25 > 3. If I put in a one minute pause to allow even the slowest web sites
26 > to fully load, that limits how many of these URLs I can process.
27 > Is there any way to run multiple konqueror sessions at once?
28 >
29 > #1 is a real show stopper. The others are merely annoying.
30
31 emerge -av x11-misc/xautomation
32 xte --help
33
34 it allows you to move mouse, click, send keypresses...
35 finding the right coordinates to click might not be easy (although the
36 package contains som programs that allow you to find specific pictures
37 on screen...) but sending the correct tab and enter sequence should be
38 enough (I expect just pressing enter in the dialog should be enough)
39
40 you should be able to use this also with firefox
41 send alt-f, p, few tabs to get to the "print to file", space, enter,
42 name of the file, enter....
43 ;))
44
45 yoyo