From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slocate masked
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:56:04
1 On 17/11/2010, at 6:00pm, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > ...
3 > unmerging slocate does not remove slocate.db as he build didn't put it there.
4 > When mlocate first runs, it might be checking so slocate.db if mlocate.db
5 > doesn't exist, and use that for the initial db.
6
7 I deleted everything slocate related before installing mlocate, including /var/lib/slocate/. I have just grepped my Bash history to confirm this.
8
9 > You may have configured updatedb.conf to include filesystems that would not
10 > normally be indexed ...
11
12 Absolutely not.
13