From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting rid of all kde components
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:07:42
1 * Dirk Heinrichs (dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com) [18.11.08 07:53]:
2 > Am Dienstag 18 November 2008 07:14:02 schrieb ext Harry Putnam:
3 >
4 > > I've decided to stop using KDE after yrs of use... given that gentoo
5 > > compiles everything from scratch, its just getting to much time lost
6 > > jacking around with kde during upgrades.
7 >
8 > Hmm, you already complained about installation (or compile) time in the cfg-
9 > update thread. Why did you choose Gentoo, if you don't like compiling stuff?
12 Because it is about choice, and if you choose, not to use KDE, then you
13 can do it.
14
15 You can even choose not to use qt, and leave a whole bunch of bloated
16 libs out.
19 > BTW: I run KDE updates in the night.
22 Well, I never compile KDE. One big monster like Gnome is enough...
23
24 > Bye...
25 >
26 > Dirk
29 SEB@STI@N
32 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
33
34 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de