From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] updating to udev
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 03:53:08
1 On 12/19/21 8:11 PM, Dale wrote:
2 [snip]
3
4 > I used the old naming method with eudev.  When I switched, the names of
5 > the networks changed.  When I rebooted, no network because they were not
6 > named correctly for the files I had.  It had been so long, I forgot how
7 > to get the names or what to do to get the right files.  If I had either
8 > been ready for the new names or had already been using the new names
9 > before the switch, it would have been no trouble at all.  Since you are
10 > using the new naming method already, you should have no problem.  It
11 > *should* just work.
12 >
13 > Let's hope it works that way.  :-D
14 >
15 > Dale
16 >
18
19 Thanks for clarifying it. I remember that thread so to long ago, so I had an impression that there might be naming problem after switching.