From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:04:47
1 On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 08:43:36AM -0700, Keith Dart wrote:
2 > Re , William Hubbs said:
3 > > All,
4 > >
5 > > This message is an announcement and a reminder.
6 > >
7 > > OpenRc-0.12 will be introduced to the portage tree in the next few
8 > > days.
9 > >
10 > > If you are using ~arch OpenRc, the standard disclaimer applies:
11 > > remember that you might be subject to breakage.
12 >
13 > I just got around to upgrading to it. When I did my /etc/conf.d/net
14 > file disappeared, and my network interface would not come up. There is
15 > not even a sample net file any more. I had to manually add it back,
16 > using a syntax I found on the wiki site.
17
18 For the folks who lost /etc/conf.d/net, was it the stub file that came
19 with OpenRC, or had you modify it?
20
21 The sample file is still there, it is just in /usr/share/doc/netifrc*.
22
23 William