From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating installation for "slow" system on a "big" host
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:21:34
1 Wade Brown schrieb:
2
3 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_A_Build_Host
4
5 Thanks. Reading it right now.
6
7 I don't quite get this, though. At "2.5 Create cron scripts to keep
8 the build area up to date" (http://shink.de/kwqygt) it is written:
9
10 mount -t nfs buildHost:/usr/portage/distfiles ${arch}/usr/portage/distfiles
11
12 Why is /usr/portage/distfiles mounted via NFS? I understood it so,
13 that the /mnt/gentoo/Maintenance script is supposed to be run on the build
14 host. No? If not wrong, why NFS? Wouldn't it be sufficient and faster to use
15 a "bind" mount?
16
17 mount -o bind /usr/portage/distfiles ${arch}/usr/portage/distfiles
18
19 Regards,
20
21 Alexander Skwar
22 --
23 The University of California Bears announced the signing of Reggie
24 Philbin to a letter of intent to attend Cal next Fall. Philbin is said
25 to make up for no talent by cheating well. Says Philbin of his decision
26 to attend Cal, "I'm in it for the free ride."
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list