From: Peter Pan <osaka@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-user] requirements for a gentoo wlan accesspoint
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:20:15
1 Hi,
2
3 you might want to have a look here for choosing the hardware:
4
5 http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers an in column "AP" set it to yes.
6 Once you have the driver, you can search for compatible hardware.
7
8 Usually, Atheros-chips should be a good way to go, although there are
9 different versions of them (and some of them wont go to AP-mode).
10
11 I tried to accomplish the same with several USB-devices and hostap. I
12 managed getting up an Software-802.11n access-point, but the throughput was
13 kinda bad so I got back to the WLAN provided by the DSL-Router.
14
15 Hope this helps at least a bit.
16 Regards,
17 Ralf
18
19 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
20 Von: Tamer Higazi [mailto:th982a@××××××××××.com]
21 Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2012 19:19
22 An: gentoo-user
23 Betreff: [gentoo-user] requirements for a gentoo wlan accesspoint
24
25 Hi people!
26 I want to make my linux machine being a wlan access point for my other
27 components like Notebook, Cell phone etc...
30 Now the big question, what do I need to accomplish this?!
31
32 like a wlan router where I would get a WPA2 key, I want the linux machine to
33 act as a wlan router who offers WPA2 encrpytion.
36 for any response I would thank you.
40 Tamer