From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Linux Cluster
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 19:21:42
1 Hello, list.
2
3 I'm searching for a good cluster solution. What I need:
4
5 - Distributed filesystem, so that all machines can share the same
6 filesystem. Something like RAID-over-ethernet.
7 - Load balancing. Tasks should migrate between nodes.
8 - Redundancy, so that the death of a machine doesn't take the cluster
9 or any processes down.
10
11 I've been looking at some projects, but still didn't find what I need.
12 OpenMosix is good, however it still requires a 2.4 kernel, and it will
13 not offer redundancy (if a node crashes, the migrated processes are
14 lost).
15
16 So, anyone doing linux clusters?
19 Bruno Lustosa <bruno@×××××××.net>