From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: genkernel 2 manual
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 07:55:57
1 On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:25:04 -0200, João Matos wrote:
2
3 > Well, It is being easy than I thought. I've compilled it and the boot
4 > is faster since initramfs is not needed anymore :).
5
6 Whether or not you use an initramfs shouldn't make any real difference.
7 However the genkernel initramfs has to do a load of general hardware
8 recognition stuff, and that is what takes the time. The part of the boot
9 is run from the initramfs, but that is incidental.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 TEXAS VIRUS: Makes sure that it's bigger than any other file.