From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Duplicate mouse clicks??(nearly resolved)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:45:35
1 On 1/26/06, Paul <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thursday 26 Jan 2006 12:58, Richard Fish wrote:
3 > > On 1/26/06, Paul <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > > I am going to try a PS2 mouse at least it might help isolate the problem
5 > >
6 > > You can also try running xev, and try some clicking in the xev window,
7 > > which will show you want events X is generating to the clients. If
8 > > you see something like two button down or button up events, that could
9 > > account for your double clicking.
10 >
11 > I think I might have solved this problem. I have changed the xorg.conf mouse
12 > protocol from "auto" to "PS/2". The mouse is still connected to a USB port
13 > and now appears to work correctly.
14 > How strange, perhaps Peter and Dale could try this and see if it solves their
15 > problem as well.
16
17 I might have more ideas if you post your xorg.conf and
18 /var/log/Xorg.0.log files.
19
20 -Richard
24 > Ho wait my mouse wheel isn't working now - back to the drawing board
25 >
26 > Paul
27 > --
28 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list