From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:53:36
1 wu chuanwen wrote:
2 > 2006/4/30, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name
3 > <mailto:listen@×××××××××××××××.name>>:
4
5 > Hm, those are not firefox USE flags. What do you get, when
6 > you run
7 >
8 > emerge -vpt mozilla-firefox
11 > I get this:
12 > [ebuild U ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.2 [1.5.0.1-r4]
13 > USE="gnome ipv6 -debug -java -mozdevelop -xinerama -xprint" 37 kB
14
15 Do you really need ipv6? I doubt that this has anything to
16 do with the problem at hand, but if you don't need it, you
17 should remove it. If you don't know anything about ipv6,
18 it's very probable that you don't need it.
19
20 To the others: Is ipv6 still one of the default flags? Has
21 this bug still not been fixed?
22
23 > Have you yet tried a blank profile?
24 >
25 > What do you mean?
26
27 As I wrote:
28
29 Try a blank Firefox profile. To create one, run "firefox -ProfileManager".
30
31 > PS: Please no HTML. Makes your posts harder to read.
32 >
33 > Do you mean the link i gave in the mail before?Or another thing?
34
35 I mean, that you compose your mails in gmail as HTML or
36 rich text. This makes them bigger without adding any
37 benefit to it - indeed, as you can see above, it makes
38 it even worse, as there are no proper "> " quote marks
39 before the quoted text.
40
41 Simply click on "plain text".
42
43 Alexander Skwar
44 --
45 Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted.
46 --
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list