From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:48:05
1 On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 07 September 2010 01:36:28 David W Noon wrote:
4 >
5 > > Moreover, keeping this as a subscription-only mailing list keeps the
6 > > spam count down.
7 >
8 > An equally important factor is prohibiting subscriptions from
9 > dynamically allocated IP addresses. This has caused me to spend money on
10 > a fixed address.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Rgds
14 > Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.
15 >
16 > Really? I pay because I have a use for a fixed IP, but if the above is
17 your only
18 reason, there are free email accounts to be had that can forward to wherever
19 you
20 like. I yet another gmail account like that for some specific sensitive
21 traffic that I
22 want semi-anonymous. I'm sure there are other free accounts that can do the
23 same.
24
25 Save your money for the things you really need.
28 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD