From: "Budd
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Gentoo system initialization scripts UDEV message
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:49:02
1 Roy,
2 I changed /dev/mouse to /dev/input/mice as you suggested. No luck.
3 I checked the Xorg.0.log. The only error message there was
4 "Failed to initialize NVIDIA kernel module."
5 I forgot to check dmesg.
6 I am wondering if I need to use mknod. Eventhough the nvidia module
7 seems to
8 load (lsmod confirms this), I cannot find any entries in /dev for
9 nvidia.
10 Any help is appreciated.
11 TIA
12 -tracy
13
14 -----Original Message-----
15 From: Roy Wright
16 Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:07 PM
17 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
18 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo system initialization scripts UDEV
19 message
20
21 One word. mouse
22
23 You probably need to change /dev/mouse to /dev/input/mice in xorg.conf.
24
25 HTH,
26 Roy
27
28 Richard Fish wrote:
29
30 > Budd, Tracy wrote:
31 >
32 >> Ok. I removed the /dev/.devfsd and now UDEV works, but now I am
33 >> getting an X windows error. "... Screens found but none have a usable
34
35 >> configuration."
36 >> I tried re-emerging nvidia-kernel, and loading nvidia with modprobe
37 >> prior to startx, but that didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?
38 >> TIA
39 >> -Tracy
43 > Take a look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log. If you need more help, post it
44 here.
45 >
46 > -Richard
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list