From: Ian Lee <ian@×××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New kernel broken nvidia-drivers
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 23:25:59
1 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > I updated from 2.6.22-gentoo-r9 to 2.6.23-gentoo-r3, and now
3 > nvidia-drivers-1.0-7185 won't build. I use the older drivers because I
4 > have a Riva TNT2. When I change the /usr/src/linux link to the old
5 > kernel source, the package builds just fine, so I'm thinking that
6 > something is broken with my new config. I attached the build log. It
7 > complains about some things not being defined, like nv_pte_t_cache. Is
8 > this a kernel config problem? I didn't find it in bugs.gentoo, but
9 > google found a few others having the same issue with some other versions
10 > of nvidia-drivers.
13 according to the nvidia site version 71.86.01 is the lastest TNT2
14 drivers have tried these they are in the portage tree
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list