From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Somewhat OT - Grandtech PC to TV component and X [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 00:57:48
1 On 02/29/12 16:41, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I recently bought a new Gradtec PC To TV component because my old Grand
3 > Pro Ultimate XP that I bought in 2004 was on its last legs. We used the
4 > Ultimate XP so that we could use the living room TV as a monitor, so
5 > that we could watch MythTV in the living room. The Ultimate XP was
6 > having a problem where after I logged into X the video would go all
7 > screwy; it was all static-y and the top half of the video output would
8 > appear at the top half of the screen and again at the bottom half. I
9 > dragged a real monitor in there and attached it to the end of the
10 > external monitor plug on the component and everything displayed normally
11 > on the monitor, but still screwy on the TV. I bought a new component
12 > and it's doing the same thing. But it only does it in X. This setup
13 > worked fine until about a month ago. I'm completely at a loss as to how
14 > to fix this. Here's my search for errors in /etc/Xorg.0.log:
17 > carter log # grep EE Xorg.0.log
18 > (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
19 > [ 42.372] (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
22 > Does anyone have any idea of what's going on? It only happens in X;
23 > it's fine until X loads...
24 > -Michael Sullivan-
25
26 I read on Google how one user was having trouble getting X to work with
27 her new monitor. Another user suggested renaming xorg.conf (so it no
28 longer existed under that name.) I tried it, and it worked.