From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] {OT} A simple routing problem
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 03:28:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm stuck with a routing issue:
4
5 I have a DD-WRT router, which has one WAN port and four LAN ports with WiFi.
6
7 I have a fiber connection which is connected by dialing PPPoE using pppd
8 on the router, so I have no choice but to connect the fiber connection
9 on WAN port.
10
11 I have yet another (much slower) ADSL link, with it's own router (LAN-only).
12 I'm trying to connect the router to the DD-WRT router's LAN port.
13 I'm able to access the router, but routing through the gateway (the ADSL
14 router) fails.
15
16 Here's a simple diagram:
17
18 The LAN network I'm using on DDWRT is 192.168.0.0, which is the LAN
19 network for the internal side and WiFi.
20
21 The fiber connection is obviously public network.
22
23 The other ADSL connection can be configured to change subnet, it has a
24 LAN side and WAN side.
25
26 How I can I route through the ADSL router without requiring a separate
27 NIC/network for it?
30 Nilesh Govindarajan
31 http://nileshgr.com