From: Davide Carnovale <francesco.davide.carnovale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] stage3 only for i486?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:51:51
1 Hi all gentoo people!
2 I've been away from gentoo for a while, and I'm in the process of
3 reinstalling it today.
4 While downloading the stage 3 I noticed that only an i486 version is
5 available. As far as I remember, gentoo was best known, back in the
6 days, for being fast, as it was one of the first distro to support
7 i686... am i wrong with this? if not, why only i486 today?
8
9 apart from the reasons behind the decision of shipping only an i486
10 stage 3, do you think it's worth the pain to recompile everything
11 (like the old stage1) for a different arch? i have an intel i5
12 processor.
13
14 regards
15