From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg problem after upgrade
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:47:33
1 Jacob Klitmøller wrote:
2
3 > HI
4 >
5 > After my most recent upgrade (emerge -uDav world) on my 2.4.28 kernel
6 > laptop my xorg will not start. I get the error that
7 >
8 > (EE) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
9 >
10 > Before the upgrade xorg startet without any problems. I am uncertain
11 > if xorg was upgraded or the problem is something else. I do not have
12 > fb support in the kernel, so my question is, how do I tell xorg that
13 > it shouldn't try open /dev/fb0 (or am I reading the problem wrong)?
16 For me, using the "radeon" driver, it is:
17
18 Option "UseFBDev" "On" # or in your case, "Off"
19
20 Check the man page for the x.org driver you are using...it should
21 specify something.
22
23 -Richard
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list