From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge @preserved-rebuild - how to force it to run?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:10:20
1 Am Montag, 18. Januar 2010 schrieb Helmut Jarausch:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > because of that KDE3/4 mess I have to keep kde-base/kdelibs:3.5
5 > (I still need kexi which is not available for koffice, yet.)
6 >
7 > But now,
8 > emerge @preserved-rebuild
9 > doesn't work anymore since it terminates after telling me
10 > there are no ebuilds to satisfy "kde-base/kdelibs:3.5"
11 >
12 > That's true but I want to upgrade other packages
13
14 Either copy the ebuild to a local overlay or install the kde3 overlay using
15 layman.
16
17 The former way:
18 ebuilds of all installed packages are located under /var/db/pkg/.
19 Pick out the needed ones and mirror them under /usr/local/portage/.
20 I.e. for kdelibs-3.5.10, create a dir /usr/local/portage/kde-base/kdelibs/ and
21 copy the ebuild of kdelibs-3.5.10 from /var/db/pkg/ into it. run ebuild
22 digest on it (to see if you need any other files). As the last thing, you
23 need to tell portage that you now have a new overlay. Do this by adding the
24 following line to your /etc/make.conf:
25 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
26 --
27 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
28 "I decided to go on a strict diet. I cut out alcohol, all fats
29 and sugar. In two weeks I lost 14 days." - Tim Maia