From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python 2.6 and mailman
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 13:59:49
1 On Wed, 6 May 2009 09:52:08 -0400, John covici wrote:
2
3 > > There is a bug filed for this, so an updated ebuild should appear
4 > > shortly. Meanwhile, what's wrong with installing Python 2.5? It's
5 > > slotted, so you can have 2.5 and 2.6 installed together, or simply
6 > > switch back to 2.5 until a new mailman ebuild is released. Or is
7 > > there a reason you really need 2.6?
8 >
9 > The question is, I would not mind switching back to 2.5, but how do I
10 > do this -- I had to run pythonupdater to switch from 2.5 to 2.6, what
11 > is the procedure to do the reverse?
12
13 The same, run python-updater, although you may need to tell it which
14 version to update, run it with --help to see the options. This all
15 assumes you removed Python 2.5, otherwise you only need to use
16 python-config to switch back.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Top Oxymorons Number 36: Alone together