From: brullo nulla <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Odd USB external hard disk does not play nice with KDE
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:48:56
1 Hi,
2
3 I just bought a novel, 1.5 Tb USB external HD.
4
5 The kernel recognizes it nice and well, and I can mount and unmount it
6 as root, lookin' its content etc. without problems.
7 But KDE refuses to "see" it as a new media. It does not even appear in
8 the "media:/". The odd thing is that it is the first and so far only
9 external drive with this behaviour. Other USB drives (I have several)
10 work nice, appear in the desktop and KDE ask me what to do with them.
11
12 What can be odd about that drive and how can I try to diagnose it?
13
14 thanks,
15
16 m.