From: Schafer Frank <Frank.Schafer@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kernel 2.6.9
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:45:26
1 Hi,
5 this isn't a Gentoo question but I think somewho here will know this.
9 I'm trying to build kernel 2.6.9 on my minimal system based on LFS.
10 Module-init-tools is required for this kernel. The module-init-tools
11 complains ``jade: command not found''. Does somebody know which package
12 contains this command needed. I found jade as a emacs-like editor and I
13 can't believe that I need something like this to upgrade my kernel.
17 BTW: The system I build hasn't any manuals installed. For now I solved
18 the problem in this way:
22 # echo "echo nonsense" > /usr/bin/docbook2man
23
24 # chmod 755 /usr/bin/docbook2man
28 ... build the module-init-tools
32 # rm /usr/bin/docbook2man
36 ...
37
38 This - of course - isn't a solution for a normal workstation.
42 Thanks for every suggestion
43
44 Frank