From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB ports reset/restart
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 09:53:45
1 On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:20:36 PM CET thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 03/06/2018 03:11 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 18:40:08 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > >> Is there a way to reinitialize USB ports without restarting the
5 > >> computer?
6 > >>
7 > >> Two of my USB 3 ports stop working.
8 > >
9 > > Can you rmmod xhci_pci and xhci_hcd then modprobe xhci_pci?
10 > >
11 > > If that helps, it's a software issue, otherwise it may be a hardware
12 > > fault that needs a reset. I too have found USB3 to be less than reliable.
13 >
14 > I don't think I could do it; xhci_pci and xhci_hcd are compiled into the
15 > kernel (not as module).
16
17 Change the options and see if that works?
18
19 > I know that if I restart the box the USB-3 will start working.
20 > The box has an uptime 130 days and is my main server.
21
22 IOW, you haven't patched your main server against any threads in the past 6+
23 months.
26 Joost