From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub -> gummiboot: good
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 23:35:28
1 On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 23:54:07 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > > I switched to Gummiboot a while ago, after Canek mentioned it I
4 > > think, and I am glad I did. I still keep GRUB around because
5 > > Gummiboot cannot boot from an ISO image so Grub stays for my
6 > > sysresccd emergency boot option.
7 >
8 > Yep, correct. That was *nice to have*
9 >
10 > afaik you could chainload grub from gummiboot to do that ..... ? ;)
11
12 No need for chainloading with UEFI. Set Gummiboot as the default boot
13 option and hold down Esc (or whichever key your motherboard uses, it
14 would have been nice if UEFI had standardised that too) when booting if
15 you want Grub instead
16
17 > I think I get on with plugging in that usb-stick when it really is
18 > necessary .... booting from the ISO wasn't that common for me in the
19 > last year or so.
20
21 Which makes it even more unlikely you'll be able to lay your hands on the
22 stick when you really need it :(
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 The cow is nothing but a machine which makes grass fit for us people to
29 eat.