From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Typewriter sound
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 03:42:18
1 On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:47 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > By the way (the same way! ;))
3 > I am in search of such an "model m" IBM-keyboard. A colleque
4 > yesterday calls me and said, that he found one for me in the
5 > PC-junk at the basement of the building he is working in.
6 > Hopefully it is one which is 1.) fully working and 2.)
7 > with german keyboard layout. Fingers crossed.
8
9 Unicomp owns the patent from the original IBM/Lexmark Model M
10 keyboards, they still make & sell modern versions (with USB and
11 Windows keys, if you want, also versions with PS/2 or without windows
12 keys are available). And you can buy it with German configuration. You
13 can even buy it with quiet keys, but what is the point of that?? ;)
14 They are made in the USA but can be shipped worldwide.
15
16 This is the model I have (in black with grey keys):
17 http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html
18
19 It is the same size and weight like the old keyboards, very heavy,
20 each key cap can be removed, it is loud & clicks nicely and is very
21 awesome. For USD$69 I think it is a bargain, I type on the computer
22 every day and this keyboard is simply perfect to me. After using cheap
23 $5 and $10 keyboards for so many years, now I will never go back to
24 those.
25
26 Their website is http://www.pckeyboard.com and they have other
27 keyboard variations such as a Linux keyboard.
28
29 I highly recommend it for anyone who likes a huge and loud keyboard
30 that feels incredible. :)