From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] are blocks now "OK" with portage-2.1.6.7 ?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:21:32
Gnome-light recently went stable on x86 so my last emerge world produced
a long list of packages to merge.  Fine.

At the end it says

Total: 93 packages (87 upgrades, 4 new, 2 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 223,796 kB
Conflict: 3 blocks
Portage tree and overlays:
 [0] /usr/portage
 [?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

Since it offers to merge and there are no B's in the list, I assume
this version of portage resolved the blockage.  However, there are
nearly a hundred packages and some of them are important so I would like
to confirm that it is OK to let portage merge these.

thanks,
allan