From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] are blocks now "OK" with portage-2.1.6.7 ?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:21:32
1 Gnome-light recently went stable on x86 so my last emerge world produced
2 a long list of packages to merge. Fine.
3
4 At the end it says
5
6 Total: 93 packages (87 upgrades, 4 new, 2 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 223,796 kB
7 Conflict: 3 blocks
8 Portage tree and overlays:
9 [0] /usr/portage
10 [?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined
11
12 Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]
13
14 Since it offers to merge and there are no B's in the list, I assume
15 this version of portage resolved the blockage. However, there are
16 nearly a hundred packages and some of them are important so I would like
17 to confirm that it is OK to let portage merge these.
18
19 thanks,
20 allan