From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] selecting boot(active?) partition
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 07:59:19
1 Hello pat,
2
3 > Problem is that when there're any non dos/windows partitions the boot
4 > from recovery partition failed. So, I need to set recovery partition
5 > bootable and remove all other partitions including /boot with GRUB
6 > configuration - and when the /boot is removed then there's not possible
7 > to use GRUB, because of the grub.conf, and that's why I need to set
8 > recovery partition bootable without GRUB.
9
10 Set the partition to be bootable in cfdisk, before removing the Linux
11 partitions.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Where the system is concerned, you're not allowed to ask `Why?'