From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slim/X11 : waiting for X server to begin accepting connections.
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:59:34
1 Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> [14-03-10 19:44]:
2 > On 03/10/2014 08:05 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > it seems the powerfail this moring while I was updateing my Linux box
6 > > has killed / screwed up something.
7 > >
8 > > The effect:
9 > > Slim login manager starts and presents the login screen.
10 > > It is possible to login but openbox seems not to start -
11 > > I get the typical cross-cursor in the middle of the screen
12 > > (but the grey background is replaced by plain black)
13 > > The last entry in the slim.log is:
14 > >
15 > > slim: waiting for X server to begin accepting connections.
16 > > slim: open_session: Unable to open session: Unable to get information
17 > > about the calling process
18 > >
19 > > I resumed the interrupted update process, I did:
20 > > "emerge xf86-input-evdev xf86-input-keyboard xf86-input-mouse
21 > > nvidia-drivers"
22 > > I recompiled the X-server.
23 > > Nothing helps.
24 > >
25 > > What can I try else to get X working again?
26 > >
27 > > Thank you very much for any (quick;) help in advance!
28 > > Best regards,
29 > > mcc
34 > Sounds like a problem other folk encountered before. See
35 > https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-983068.html?sid=322897f0f12db44e211be450629bfbc1
36 > for details. Hope this helps.
37
38 Hi Alexander,
39
40 thanks for doing a search for me...one feels a little crippled without
41 X, firefox etc.... ;)
42
43 Ok, for now I am knowing that I am not alone and that amd64 system are
44 mostly affected.
45 Furthermore startx works fine, slim does not (which does not mean that
46 slim is to blame.
47
48 May be someone finds what the bug...
49