From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] packages going stable after sources become unavailable
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 15:38:19
I've noticed on several occasions in the past few months that by the
time some packages are marked stable, the version is old enough that
sources are no longer available -- so the emerge fails because sources
can no longer be downloaded.  If I'm lucky I may have a copy of the
sources on another machine.  If I'm not lucky, I just wait until the
next time a new version goes stable and hope that it's not been
obsoleted.

This seems to happen regularly with Imagemagick.  Version 7.0.8.60
just went stable today, yet it can't be built because version 7.0.8.60
sources can no longer be downloaded.

Am I doing something wrong?

Shouldn't there be a requirement that an ebuild actually be
_buildable_ from scratch when it goes stable?

--
Grant