From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox 3.0.10 crashes
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 23:18:55
1 dhk wrote:
2 > Ever since I upgraded firefox to version 3 it crashes when certain
3 > pages are opened. Currently I have version 3.0.10 and amd64. I've
4 > been hoping the problem would get fixed, but it hasn't been yet. For
5 > example I can not even go to ebay ( http://www.ebay.com ), the page
6 > flashes and then firefox crashes. Does anyone know what's causing
7 > this and how it can be fixed?
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 >
11 > dave
15 In addition to what others have said, try a fresh profile. Just close
16 Firefox, rename the directory with .old on the end, then restart firefox
17 and see if that helps. If it still crashes, you may want to try opening
18 it in a console to see if that helps any. You may get a error of some
19 kind to check into.
20
21 Just additional thoughts.
22