From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] £ sign in OpenOffice
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 04:02:21
1 Am Mittwoch, 18. August 2010 schrieb Mick:
2 > On Wednesday 18 August 2010 19:58:14 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > > Just adding to this, the £ sign works fine on the console. It is the X
4 > > > applications (including terminals) that seem to have the problem with
5 > > > the '£' sign.
6 > >
7 > > I assume you use KDE because you mention KMail. What have you set in
8 > > KDE’s keyboard layout (Personal -> Regional Settings)? (Or if not KDE,
9 > > then in $your_DE’s settingss)
10 >
11 > Yes, this box is running KDE.
12 >
13 > The regional settings show "United Kingdom".
14
15 Hm.. either here’s a misunderstanding or you looked at the wrong place
16 (because in Regional Settings, there is also a tab with "Region" in its name).
17 I meant the active layout in the "Keyboard Layout" tab, where you have dozens
18 of countries to chose from and where you can enable/disable the display of a
19 flag in the tray area. Did you mean that one?
20 --
21 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
22 Pilot: Radar, Good Day, Airforce Blackbird, request FL 600
23 Controller (with a chuckle): Sir, if you can reach, you are cleared FL 600
24 Pilot: US Air Force Blackbird, leaving FL 800, descending Level 600