From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching to unstable
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:03:25
1 On Monday 12 April 2010 16:55:38 Paul Hartman wrote:
2
3 > I've been using portage unmasked for a very long time and don't
4 > remember having any portage-related problems. I'm sure there must be
5 > some (or else why is it still RC?) but for me the new features are
6 > worth the potential risk of using less-tested code.
7
8 There was a problem with its preserved-rebuild feature for a while;
9 several people reported here that they were running it and being told
10 they still needed to run it again.
11
12 As far as I know, that's the only thing preventing release of v2, and I
13 think it's been fixed anyway.
16 Rgds
17 Peter.